SENsory Atelier Programme generously funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation, gives space for children to lead their learning journeys, express themselves and access the world. It supports teachers without specialist arts subject / cultural education expertise, to enable children to lead the direction of enquiry, and reframe our understanding of how they learn. This collaborative approach shifts the schools’ reliance on external peripatetic staff, to giving teachers confidence and capacity to devise creative programmes informed by children themselves.
SENsory Atelier includes:
JPD with School staff
Dynamic Cultural Education for children with SEND
School Social Pedagogy
Highlights of the programme so far…
- Sensory Atelier at Home designed by Artist Sian Watson Taylor provided digital and printable resources for young people to explore colour, light, space, paper and paint.
- Little Inventors Residency in 3 schools
- Artist Residency in Ashmount School with Sian Watson Taylor
- Residency at Leicester Hospital Schools
- Nurture Network
- Sightlights Initiative ran Teachers JPD
find out more about the programme.