The SENsory Atelier at Home digital art packs created by our Artist In Residence Sian Watson-Taylor for children with SEND to create exciting environments and activities at home for discovery, play and learning during our national Covid-19 Lockdown.
Activities are designed for large scale and table top activities catering for ASD, SEMH, MLD, SLD & PMLD with resources and objects you should be able to find in and around your home.
How to use your digital art packs
- Use your digital art pack as a starting point for meaningful exploration at home. Where can this discovery art adventure take you? Be open minded and creative!
- Explore together with a parent or carer, work with siblings and get the whole family involved!
- Use what you can find in and around your house, anything can be used to make art and meaningful creative experiences!
- The sensory Atelier approach is about learning through child-led discovery! Each activity is a starting point. Take what’s interesting and ditch what’s not. Run with what works and what’s interesting. Use the activities as a springboard to new creations and ideas!
- Take your time. Slow down and really investigate and explore the theme. Sometimes a bit of extra time can bring out new discoveries, interests and magic moments
- Exploring colour Download here. Learn and explore with colour! Experiment with colour matching, explore different materials and learn through visual art, problem solving, science, language and creative thinking.
2. Exploring Space Download here. Learn and explore with space. Explore with different materials, learn through team work and co-operation, planning and investigating with the spaces inside and outside your house.
3. Exploring Paper Download here. Learn and discover this week with paper. Exploring the world of paper with fine motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination, cognitive problem solving and language development
4. Exploring Light Download here. Learning and discover at home exploring materials, investigating light and shadows with light boxes, hand shadow puppets and shadow dance to encourage hand-eye co-ordination, maths and counting and gross motor skills.
5. Exploring paint download now Learn and discover this week with paint! learn about mixing colours, develop hand-eye coordination and develop experiential skills and problem solving! Get adventurous using all sorts of materials as your paint brushes and learn how to made your own paint!